Oven Roasted Center Cut Pork Belly
- 3-pound pack Kurobuta Ranch Uncured Thick Cut Bacon
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- ½ teaspoon ground 5 peppercorn blend
- Carefully cut and remove top of plastic bag, allowing you to remove all bacon in one slab. Using cotton butcher’s twine, gently tie three pieces of the bacon slab (both ends and in the center) As cotton shrinks in the oven, you don’t have to tie it too thigh.
- Brush Kurobuta Ranch Uncured Thick Cut Bacon with the mix of agave nectar and peppercorn blend. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Roast Kurobuta Ranch Uncured Thick Cut Bacon for 30 minutes on the middle rack in a heavy, oven-safe pan or skillet, skin side up / fat side up. Reduce heat to 275°F and roast for an hour or more, until tender.
- Remove from oven and serve over a bed of creamy potato mash or creamy polenta. Enjoy!
Oven roasted center cut belly is so versatile, it can also be used for Chashu Pork, Pork Belly Ramen or Pork Belly Tacos!
BACON HAS ITS OWN NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL DAYS.
Bacon has, not just one, but two celebratory days. September 3rd is International Bacon Day, while December 30th is the U.S. National Bacon Day. So now you have an excuse to eat Kurobuta Ranch uncured bacon at least twice a year! (Though, let’s be honest…who needs an excuse to eat bacon?)